Monday, April 1, 2013

Top 5 Makeup Brushes!

Hey beauties! I tested so many makeup brushes since the whole beggining of my makeup obsession and suprisingly, it wasn't that hard to narrow it down to my top 5 favorites. I think sometimes it is so much work to find the perfect brush for foundation, the perfect eyeshadow blending brush or the perfect blush brush and so on. These are brushes that I do highly recommend and that are my trusted good friends! So let's get to work! (These are in no particular order by the way.)








1. The first brush that struck my mind when I was figuring out which ones to pick is my Sedona Lace Duo-Fibre 813. When I first got this months and months ago, I had no clue on how to use it. After a while I discovered that this brush is the best for applying blush, it is the perfect size and density, it picks up the perfect amount of product and makes everything look so natural. It works wonders for foundation aswell, so soft and not scratchy at all on my sensitive skin. It does shed a little overtime, nothing horrible though. Great for any liquids, powders and cream products but for me it is my everyday blush brush.








2. Second is a cult favorite and I know that every YouTube beauty guru or beauty blogger knows about this one! The Real Techniques Buffing Brush, this brush is sent from heaven, I swear! I had such a hard time finding these babies since I live in Canada but my heart literally stopped when I saw them at my local Wal-Mart. And this one does live up to my expectations and what I heard about it. So soft and gentle on the face, gives amazing full coverage, makes your foundation application so much quicker and flawless. Perfection! Another amazing thing about it is that it doesn't shed at all and dries really quickly. Really affordable aswell.





3. Surprise, surprise! Another Real Techniques brush! This one is the contour brush, I got it in the same set as the buffing brush and I love it as much. I do contour my face every single day so a great contouring brush is a must for me. Before, I was using a large angled contour and I found that it was a bit big to get my cheekbones without ending up everywhere. The size of this one is perfect, not too big not too small, a bit tapered at the tip. I also use this for a more precise blush application and I know that you can also use it for foundation but I haven't tried that yet. I love the fact that this brush is a multitasker, you can do basically everything you want with it! Same as the buffing brush, no shedding and dries real quick!





4. This is the Ecotools Angled Liner Brush. Believe it or not, I had this brush for almost three years and it is still going strong! Ecotools brushes were my first ''real'' makeup brushes and I got this one in a set, I do still use some others that came in the set. The angled liner is my everyday eyebrow brush, I would litterally die without this one. I have tried other brow brushes but it seems I always come back to this one, makes my eyebrows nice and sharp! Breaks my heart a little when I see that the bristles are starting to separate, it is still working as well though. Great quality for the price, no shedding at all, perfect size, I'm in love!






5. Lastly is my Too Faced Teddy Bear Eyeshadow brush, this is another little multitasker. The bristles are synthetic so you can use it with cream or powder eyeshadows and concealers aswell. It has a great density and softness to it. I had this one for quite a while and it hasn't shed. On the other side is a smudging applicator, I don't really bother about that but it sometimes can be useful. This is the brush I reach for whenever I want to pack a color on my lid or if I want to blend eyeshadows real quick. I hate eyeshadow brushes that are filmsy or just plain too harsh on the eyes and this one is the perfect balance of stiffness and softness (if that made sense). It is a little on the pricier side but so worth it!





So that ladies, concludes my post about my top 5 makeup brushes! I'd like to hear about you, which brushes are your favorite? Which one couldn't you live without? Have an awesome day and talk to you soon xx


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! Love RT brushes, going to buy some more pretty soon.

Sara

Unknown said...

Hi Laurence!

This was very interesting! Great picks!
My top 5 are:
* Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (I use it for foundation)
* Louise Young 6 Blush Brush
* MAC 217 (Great multi tasker)
* MAC 266 (For my eyebrows)
* Real Techniques Powder Brush

Thanks for sharing with us! Have a nice Monday! :-)
xx