Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Drugstore Dupe: MAC Pâtisserie and Nars Dolce Vita


When I was cleaning up my lipstick collection last weekend, I found an unexpected dupe for two of my all time favorite nude lipsticks, NARS Dolce Vita and MAC Pâtisserie. Both are those kinda ''my lips but better'' lip colors with a gorgeous sheen, very natural. These two look pretty similar, almost exactly the same, the only big difference is the texture (I prefer the NARS one, it's so lightweight!). The dupe I found is a lipstick I used to wear a lot when I was younger, Rimmel Airy Fairy, a 5$ drugstore lippie! When you swatch them all next to each other, you'll notice that NARS Dolce Vita is a tad darker and Pâtisserie a tad pinker, but overall, especially on the lips, they are all spot on the same. The Rimmel one is great quality aswell, the finish is the same as both of my higher end options and the lasting power is great.

xx
Laurence

No comments: