Friday, April 19, 2013

Wet N' Wild Mega Last Matte Lipsticks Swatches+Review!

Hi ladies! I was browsing BeautyJoint.com a couple of weeks ago and was planning to buy a bunch of NYX Round Lipsticks, I checked a couple of reviews and finally decided to go for the Wet N' Wild Matte Lipsticks since they seemed to be much better quality than the NYX ones. I heard a lot of Youtube beauty gurus talking about those aswell. Anyway, I ended up buying 6 shades and they were 2,75$US each.  As you may not already know, matte lipsticks are my all time favorite, I'm not a fan of sheer glossy lipsticks nor lipgloss. I find that matte lipsticks last much better on the lips and I love the overall look of them. So yeah, let's get to the review!


The first thing I noticed when I got them was the packaging. Honestly the worst packaging I've seen for a lipstick! It's made from plastic and I'll tell you, it is very filmsy. For some reason, whenever I put the cap back on after using these lipsticks, it smudges everywhere inside the cap. This really isn't a problem for me though because I am planning to depot them and put them all in a lipstick palette pretty soon! Apart from that, I see no other negative points to the Wet N' Wild Matte lipsticks. They are first of all, insanely pigmented, they last a great 8 hours on the lips (for me atleast), they are super affordable and they don't have a cheap/chemical smell. The creaminess of these lipsticks will depend on the shade, some are really hard to apply and some others just glide on effortlessly, which is kinda weird. The finish is completely matte, as the name says. They do dry out the lips after a while but if you apply lip balm underneath, it shouldn't be a problem. Believe it or not, for the past week, I haven't touched one of my beloved MAC lipsticks! I've been really enjoying these Wet N' Wild lippies, they are a great way to experiment new colors without having to break the bank! I'm planning on ordering a couple more, gotta have them all! Now onto swatches!






-Mauve Outta Here: A blue based pink/purple, I have wore it only twice but I do love it, a nice way to wear purple lipstick without going all out lilac!






-Pinkerbell: A bright warm pink, so gorgeous. This is my favorite out of the bunch. A perfect color for spring/summer. This an exact dupe of MAC Viva Glam Nicki.




-Rose Bud: A neutral dusty rose, looks reddish on my fair skin. I adore it though, if you have darker skin than mine, this might be a perfect everyday nude color!





-Bare It All: A medium browny nude. I've been wearing it a lot lately. It's a great everyday color and I think it would work on a wide range of skintones.




-Coraline: A bright red/coral. If you like bright reds, this one is definetly for you!





-Spiked With Rhum: A medium/dark muted brown/pink. I haven't tried it yet since I assume this is gonna be way too dark for me! Not too sure about that one.




So that's it! Have you tried the Wet N' Wild lipsticks or do you plan on buying some? Hope this was helpful, talk to you soon xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Laurence!

Wow they look very pigmented indeed!
I love Pinkerbell, it's beautiful!
Have a lovely weekend! :-)
xx