Friday, July 12, 2013

Skincare...For The Boy?

I've been working really really hard recently to get my man into skincare, which is a heck of a job. I finally decided to make him a little skincare plan and he finally gave in. So, for those of you girls out there that are trying to make your man take care of his skin, this will maybe give you a bit of ideas! Take in consideration that Xavier (what a beautiful name he got, seriously?) has oily, acne prone and sensitive skin and these are the products I found for him (I did loads of researches!) Let's get to it!

Because he is super lazy in the mornings and always wakes up late to go to work, I decided to go for the simplest thing of them all, toner and moisturizer. Toner wise, I picked up Clarins Daily Energizer Toner, a simple yet hydrating, anti-oxidants packed product. Followed with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat, an oil controlling with salicylic acid to help control his oily skin and breakout. Tada, done!

For nightime, I went a bit crazier since he has much more time to take care of his skin. First thing is REN ClearCalm Claryfing Clay Cleanser, an absolutely gorgeous clay based cleanser to help soothe redness and keep breakouts at bay. Deep cleansing at his best (and the scent, beautiful!). Followed by the same toner he uses in the evening and then La Roche-Posay Effaclar AI, a targeted breakout corrector cream, perfect for those pesky spots (I like this even more than Effaclar Duo!). Last thing is moisturizer, of course I decided to pick a heavier one for him at nightime since his skin is a bit dehydrated. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel made the cut as he loves the feel of it on his skin. 

A few little extras have been added, like the effective Origins Charcoal Mask, to really deep cleanse his skin, once or twice a week. Hydraluron, when he feels really dry, tight and dehydrated before his night cream and the infamous Caudalie Beauty Elixir when he feels dull and lackluster.

That's it! It may seem like a lot but I hope he will stick to it, don't worry I'll keep Xavier motivated! I hope this was helpful to some of you guys out there.

xx
Laurence

No comments: