Monday, May 27, 2013

How To: Easy Wearable Smokey Eyes!

Smokey eyes are probably my favorite and most reached for makeup look, whether it's for a casual day or nightime. I remember doing really dark black eyes when I was about 15 and go to school like that (yes I know...but I thought it was ''cool''). I've toned down my look over the years don't worry! You are only going to need a few products for this particular look: an eyeshadow primer, a matte taupey/brown eyeshadow, a matte grey eyeshadow, black pencil eyeliner and mascara (of course you can switch the matte shades for shimmery ones if you prefer!)



Start off by putting primer all over the lid, my favorites are Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Benefit Stay Don't Stray. Then apply your matte taupe all over the lid bringing it up to the crease, my choice is Tease from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. Take a fluffy/blending brush and blend this as much as you'd like then sweep your gray eyeshadow on the outer corners of your eyes bringing it inwards through the crease, here I'm using Smoke from my Stila In The Know Palette. Make sure everything look seamless, but it doesn't have to look perfect you know. Use a black pencil liner, I love Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Pencil, line your top lashline (doesn't have to be neat) and smudge it a lot afterwards using a pencil brush. Also take it underneath your waterline and smudge it aswell. If you wish, put it also in your waterline. Mix your gray and taupe eyeshadow on a small brush and smudge your lower lashline with it. Finally, curl your lashes and apply mascara (or fake lashes if you feel like it). The key to this look is to really take your time to blend, blend and did I say blend? 

For the rest of the face, your can keep it simple with nude lips and naturally flushed cheeks or go all out and put a bright lip color. It's up to you really. I also recommend to do the eyes first then your base just because you might have lots of fallout from your eyeshadows. 
Here is what I used on the rest of my face:
-Skin 79 Orange BB Cream
-Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Ivory
-Make Up For Ever HD Powder
-ELF Blush in Tickled Pink
-Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
-Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar
-MAC Lipstick in Myth



No comments: