Friday, May 3, 2013

Stila In The Know Palette Review+Swatches!

Hi beautiful ladies! I am rather excited to share this review with you today! I was eyeing the Stila In The Know Palette for quite a while now so I finally decided to splurge on yet another eyeshadow palette (as if I didn't have enough of eyeshadows, haha). Now let's get to the review!



This palette contains 10 neutral matte eyeshadows (yes only mattes!) and a Stila Smudge Stick which is a grey pencil eyeliner. It retails for 50$CAD. The only reason I really wanted this baby is that I am a huge fan of glitter/shimmer eyeshadows and realized I had little to no matte shades. I've been using it ever since I got it, about a week ago, and I am in love with it! At first I thought that the shades looked a bit boring in the pan and that some of them looked similar but boy, I was so wrong! These are all gorgeous shades and they have a huge versality, you can do any look with those colors, from everyday natural to sexy/nightime eyes. The quality of the eyeshadows is imppecable: smooth, opaque and no creasing at all! I was also a bit ''whatever'' about the eyeliner and thought: why the hell would I wear grey eyeliner? Once I've tried it, I really changed my mind. I love the look of it, it is a bit more subtle than black but still makes my eyes pop. It lasts all day long aswell, it definetly doesn't budge. The only downside to this wonderful palette, in my opinion, is the packaging itself. Honestly...meh. It looks like it's made from really cheap cardboard, a bit filmsy I should say. This isn't such a big deal for me, I still am completely crazy about this palette! I don't think there is much else to say about it, if you are looking for an all matte eyeshadow palette and love neutrals, this is the one for you! 

Now swatches time! 
-First row from left to right: Air, Wind, Desert, Clay, Earth
-Second row from left to right: Driftwood, Fire, Rain, Smoke, Ebony
-Third row: Stila Smudge Stick in Halfmoon

So that's it ladies! I hope this was helpful, I highly recommend checking out the Stila In The Know if you are on the hunt for a new eyeshadow palette! Have a great weekend lovelies xx