Thursday, August 15, 2013

Getting That Glow On: The Best Highlighters!



You know me, I love my skin to look healthy, glowy, dewy, you name it. Surely I do get a bit of help from a couple of products, especially highlighters, they are the best way to amp up your glow. The most universal, in my opinion, is the Nars Orgasm Illuminator, a glorious abricot non-glittery liquid that looks beautiful on every skintone. You can either mix it with your foundation for a sublte lit from within glow, apply it on the high points of the face or use it as a base for a blush in the same color family (Nars Orgasm blush anyone?).

My next pick is, surprise surprise, Benefit High Beam! You will adore it if you are fair to medium I'd say, since this liquid highlighter is very pink hence would look a bit unatural on really tan skin. This is the only one I keep repurchasing and kept using for the last couple of years. Why? It mimics the perfect almost ''wet'' effect on the cheekbones, really natural looking!

Another great pick for fair skins is Dior Shimmer Star Powder in Rose Diamond, everything about this product is perfect. It is finelly milled, you can never go wrong by applying too much and it can be applied all-over the face for a soft-focus glow. You can also go for the Amber Diamond which is the bronzy/warm sister of Rose Diamond. Definetly worth every penny if you ask me!

A more budget friendly option, which I found recently, is ELF Gotta Glow. As I heard, it's an almost exact dupe to Nars Albatross Highlighter! It is very gold, almost straight out yellow but looks oh so flattering on me. I reckon it would look great on all skin tones so definetly give it a go if you are looking for something new and cheap to try. I was actually surprised to see that it wasn't that powdery, which is amazing for only 3$!

Last one, Benefit Watt's Up, a universally flattering warm toned highlighter. It has a cream to powder finish that glides so easily on the skin without rubbing and blends in effortlessly. It is literally like putting silk on your face! I got it at Sephora for my birthday and I'm really tempted to get the full size now. It doesn't look natural when I am stark white (yes I am a vampire!) so stay away if you are a porcelain dolly!

From left to right: Nars Orgasm, Benefit High Beam, Benefit Watt's Up, Dior Rose Diamond and ELF Gotta Glow.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey hun super cute and girly blog would you like to follow each other? I am going to go ahead and follow you and hope you like mine enough to follow back :) http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/ Hope you enjoy

Unknown said...

thank you so much!
I just checked out your blog, followed!
Big kisses! xx