Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Evening Skincare Routine (For Dry/Sensitive Skins)

My evening routine is probably my favorite part of the day. I like to take my time and take care of my skin for a lot longer than in the morning. I don't know about you but it feels so relaxing to me. All those smells and massages on your face, heaven!



1. Obviously, removing our makeup at night is crucial, I'm sure you all know it by now! To do so, I use my Nivea Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, soak two cottons pads with it and put them on my eyes for about 30 second. I then wipe it off without scrubbing too hard.

2. Keeping up with the makeup removing step, I use the Bioderma Créaline H20 to remove the bulk of my lipstick, foundation and all that jazz. By now, my makeup should be all gone!

3. As a cleanser and also to remove the last bits of my makeup, I massage a pump of the No. 7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser onto my skin for a good 3-5 minutes. Soak a washcloth in not too hot water and gently remove the cleanser. I then rinse it off with tap water. This cleanser feels so rich and luxurious, like an at-home spa treatment!

4. I also use toner in the evenings and I recently settled for the divine Caudalie Beautu Elixir, one of my holy grail. Instead of spritzing it directly onto my skin, I put a few pumps on a cotton pad then use it as a regular toner. It brightens, soothes and makes your skin glow!

5. Next step is a treatment for those pesky imperfections a.k.a zits. La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I works wonders for me, I apply a tiny bit onto my breakouts and I have to say, It works a lot better than the super famous Effaclar Duo.

6. To hydrate my really dry/dehydrated skin, I rely on my much loved Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Cream, a moisturizer packed with vitamins and minerals with a yummy orange scent. It packs on moisture like crazy, just how I like it!

7. Last step (yes, finally!) which I do only if my skin feels parched, is patting 3-4 drops of the Boots Botanics Facial Oil on top of my freshly applied night cream. I noticed my acne scars fading a lot since I started using this oil and it also makes my skin feel baby soft when I wake up the next morning!

xx
Laurence

No comments: