Friday, September 6, 2013

Let's Talk About: Concealers!

Left To Right: Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Clinique and Hard Candy

The Cult Favorite - Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer:

If you didn't know about this concealer already, where have you been? Just kidding, of course. This one is a great multitasker, especially for those undereye circles for an almost full coverage. Because I have dry skin, I use it on my spots and it doesn't look cakey at all, neither does it under my eyes. As the name suggests, this is the most creamiest and blendable concealer I have ever come across. You do have to set it with powder, otherwise it will slide around or settle into lines. Besides that, this is a little pot of goodness that really does deserves all the hype, totally recommend it! I have the shade Ivory.

The Dark Circle Eraser - Benefit Erase Paste:

The reason why I love it so much? This concealer has a very strong pink undertone which means it counteracts blue hues under the eyes, a must-have for someone that doesn't get a lot of sleep (who? me?). It has a gel like consistency meaning: no creasing and perfect blendability! You can even run out of the door without setting it, pretty rare for concealers in general. I wouldn't suggest using it on blemishes, for your eyes only. I have the shade No. 2.

The Blemishes And Scars Best Friend - Clinique Even Better:

At first, I thought this would be perfect for my dark circles, let me admit I was wrong! It looked cakey, patchy and just horrible. I hated it forgot about it for a while until I randomly started using it to cover my spots and scars. I fell in love with how long lasting   it is and how it made my skin look. If you are looking for a nice one to spot concealer, give this one a go! I am in the shade Porcelain.

The Heavy-Duty, Cover It All - Hard Candy Glamoflauge:

oh my, this one just blows all of those higher end products out of the water! For as small as 6$, you get a huge tube of concealers that covers everything you want (yes, even tatoos). I've been obsessed recently with using it to highlight my undereye area, it makes my face look flawless. The best of it all? Only the tiniest amount is needed, a tube will last you for ages.


What is your holy grail concealer?

xx
Laurence

No comments: